Thursday, June 3, 2010

Is God good?

Hey Guys. Sorry it has been a while since the last post but I am happy to announce the details of our next Question Group. Beginning July 14 and continuing on the 21th and 28th we will have a series based on the character of the God of the Bible. I know that a handful of folks who check out Christianity are concerned not just with the reality of God but whether or not the God of the Bible is good and worthy of our worship. Indeed, one of the most famous opponents of Christianity, Christopher Hitchens, attacks the Bible at precisely the issue of God's character in his book God is not Great. So we will spend some time exploring the Bible to discover what God's character is and is not.

I am also excited to announce that our first night will feature Distinguished Professor of Old Testament at Denver Seminary, Dr. Danny Carroll. Dr Carroll has written a lot on the concern that the God of the Old Testament had for the "outsider" and "foreigner". You can check out his most recent book here.

More details to come but hope to see you all there...

2 comments:

  1. I was just reading through "The Reason for God" by Tim Keller today and in one of the chapters I read he explores this subject and provides a pretty thorough discussion of this topic. I'm not all the way through the book yet, so I hate to draw any conclusions, but it might be a place to look for those who are looking to explore this issue in more depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jared. I will take a look at that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete